View Single Post
      06-05-2015, 05:13 AM   #18
0w40X1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseAdvise View Post
Hey if we could go ahead and stop dick measuring, name calling and just get advice that would be great. Im happy to see a debate but when it stops getting constructive and has potential to get locked thats when I need this to stop. So please back on topic mkay!
Ok, if the bench racers will calm the f*** down, I'll get you some ideas.

Your main question is: "How do I pick wheels and suspension"?

I got M Sport and suspension is fine for street or track.

I've seen every kind of car and driver ability, so I look at AutoX or HPDE track day as driver training.

The driver mod as in learning to go slow in and fast out is the best mod.

Sit up straight and close to steering wheel like Nascar drivers for more control.

Go to Tire Rack, and check Tire and wheel weights.

I like 8 x18 or 9 x18 which seems to be about the biggest wheel that can be the lightest weight.

Lots of sizes in 18's, and I ordered 18" wheels on purpose so I can put 225/40r18 and 255/35r18 Michelin pss tires on when the Runflats die.

That tweak doesn't cost more, and will lower car half inch and gear it down 4%.

My goal which sounds like yours is to just improve the car for street.

I like to test my improvements on track, but every car that's modded ends up being different, and it becomes apples and oranges.

Therefore, I don't give a damn about faster lap times, blah, blah, blah,etc.

My goal is to enjoy being a driving enthusiast, and get more out of car.

Hooked on driving in California wants to train HPDE drivers at 7/10 limit driving, and I go more like 8-9/10.

Your brakes shouldn't give you any trouble, but if they fade you'll find out, and lots of guys will tell you which pads to get.

Just don't track in temps over 90 degs for one thing.
Appreciate 0