View Single Post
      06-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
PleaseAdvise
///M-Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 2.8 M-Sport LMB on CR

How do you pick wheels/suspension for Track/autocrossing

I recently joined my local chapter of bmwcca and I am wondering how do you actually pick a setup for tires/wheels, and suspension. The wheels and tires don't really have to be streetable as much as the suspension does. It should be noted that this setup for suspension will also have to make a trip from NH to AZ, with a possiblilty of towing. So being removable is key as well. I have a 2014 xdrive 2.8, so I see alot of choices out there. Also should I have any concerns about brakes overheating etc? Also if so should I be considering upgrading the brakes even if its just pads? Even in a light track/autocross situation?

Dont be afraid to tell me this is a poor choice but please tell me why. I understand xdrive isn't going to win me any awards on the track and if that's what I wanted I should have went sdrive or with a different car. I never intended to want to do this for my car but it kinda just happened and now I want to make the best of it! This will probably be my daily UNTIL I make it to Arizona, which when I get there I fully intend on getting a RWD daily beater.

Last edited by PleaseAdvise; 06-02-2015 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: So many questions.
Appreciate 0