View Single Post
      05-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #83
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Also unless this is a professional race I assume the only person racing was you. A lot of people take their cars to track day not to race them but to legally ride very fast. They are not pushing a car that is over 100k to the limit.

I was just speaking from driving an old Porsche and driving my X1 to think that I could handle curves as well as even old Porsche is ridiculous.
I never said a X1 handles curves as well as a Porsche - I was more highlighting the X1's prowess by illustrating that it is not so far off from the benchmark (a Porsche) that it's competitive around a track with a 911 with amateur drivers. My videos simply would not be possible with any other crossover/SUV on the market, excepting perhaps a Porsche one.

Nobody - including me - was "racing", hence the point by's. But virtually everyone there was running telemetry systems and trying to achieve their best laptimes. Nobody is out there just leisurely lapping and enjoying the views, they wouldn't be in the intermediate group if they were.

Also, my X1 with 50k cap cost was worth more than the majority of Porsche's there. There are a lot more sub-50k cars than 100k cars at PCA events. The only cars worth more are 997 TT, 997 GT3, the new Cayman and Boxter S cars, and the 991. Those are vastly outnumbered by 996, old-gen caymans, 944's, etc.
Appreciate 0