09-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpippolo View Post
Hi all. The build your own website has me very confused. If you build an S-drive 28i m-sport on the website and try to select the steering wheel with paddle shifters, it will remove the m-sport package. But it sounds like you can actually get paddles with m-sport and the website is just wrong?
That's one of the issues that's causing the problem -- the configurator is wrong. Since the paddle shifters are suppose to be part of the M Sport package, you shouldn't need to add them as a stand alone option. If you attempt to add them, the configurator errors indicating they can't be ordered with the M Sport trim. You receive the same error if you try to add the cold weather package to the M Sport ... you have to remove the cold weather package or change to a lower trim line. Confusing? You bet it is! But since the paddles are suppose to be standard, there is no way for customers to know you have to ask for them. It has been going on for weeks, and BMW has yet to change their website or standard equipment list. Mistakes happen - I understand that. What I can't understand is why after several weeks the problem still has not been addressed.
Appreciate 0