01-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #12
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantanx

Yes, I've got this issue (2012 Canadian X1 28i) too.

At every acceleration from a dead stop I experience a short delay after pressing the pedal - maybe 0.5 to 0.75 second delay. This in itself is highly annoying.

But occasionally I've experienced a full 1.0 to 1.5 second delay, and when this happens upon attempting to enter flowing traffic, it's downright scary. You just don't know if it's ever going to kick-in, and there's another car coming at you.

I too have asked the dealer about this and been told that it's "normal".
Don't take that as an answer. The dealerships are FULLY aware of the delay, and that is merely a tactic to get rid of you. The SA at my home dealership is a friend of mine, and he said he's had other clients bring this to his attention (some being quite irate about it). BMW Canada (and BMW NA) need enough people to voice their dissatisfaction with the delay before they do something about it. Other series have had identical issues in the past and eventually were given an update which made the problem disappear (link in 1st post).

Like I said, ask the dealership to reset transmission adaptives, AND do the throttle body reset procedure above. It will help a bit in the meantime. But 100% there's an issue that needs to be addressed.
Appreciate 0