11-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #4
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanvo1982 View Post
Could you please recommend what type of oil filter and oil (where) should I buy for xdrive 20d 2010 ? I am in Melbourne.
I use "say's on the front of 5L container" Castrol Edge FST 5W-30 Fully Synthetic. There is no mention of Diesel on the container by the way. It is Important that you make sure and use the Part No.3373545 found at the Bottom Right Hand Corner on the back. Reason- Most Auto Parts places have there own Ref. No's, which can add to the confusion.
Dealer i got car from uses Shell which i believe BMW have switched to.
Closer to home Dealer uses Castrol, which wasn't as good as my above but has probably gone over to Shell now.
What ever Brand you prefer- Phone their Tech. Dept. and they will tell you the best oil for your car, safe than sorry.
I just get Oil Filter from Dealer Parts Section, cost around $32, not cheap but convenient.
My recommended Oil Change Service is every 2 Years, cost $200 BUT if i want Changed the following Year with my Scheduled Service it will cost me $350 because it's not in their schedule for an oil change. Why I will be doing own changes soon.
If you are intending to keep your X1, I recommend Premimum Fuel and using the best oil, replacing every year.
RAMPS - I just got from Repco. Brand is Scepter Pro Ramps, Heavy-Duty AND most Important for me 250mm Wide as most are not wide enough to take my Std. 225mm Tyres.
Sorry for long drawn out reply But everything helps.
Appreciate 0