View Single Post
      06-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
rafaelfontoura
Rep
Drives: bmw x1 s drive 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie View Post
Mancim is absolutely correct. The 18i with the small 2.0L 4-cyl (without turbo) is really underpowered for a heavy car. The engine has to rev higher to have enough torque to get the car moving (especially from stand-still). This is simple physics (power to weight ratio) and there is not much we can do.

The diesel and turbo versions should get better fuel consumption because these engines generate much more torque at lower RPMS.
I suffered with the underpower of my X1 sdrive 18i too. The petrol fuel consuptiom in the city was 8 km/l (But someone in the dealer told me that i could increase to 180 cv from original 150 cv with remaping. Then i sad do it!
After this:
7 month later the fuel consumption in the cityhas been 7.3 km/l and on the road 10 km/l. In Brazil the petrol has been blended with etanol and sometimes solvents, then with pure petrol the consumption would be much better ( i drove in Argentina with pure petrol and on the road the avg was 13 km/l)
my x1 its much better with more power and less tired. I drove until now 16000 kilometer or 10000miles.
Appreciate 0