View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
trek8000
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 35i Alpine White

My 2013 X1 35i Bumped by a Toyota Prius!

I was on my way to work last Tuesday in my 2013 X1 35i (Alpine White) with only 2,600 miles. I was about 2 cars behind the traffic light which was still RED and all of a sudden SLAM .... I get bumped pretty hard by a 2012 Toyota Prius! Luckily the police were right there assisting drivers in another accident that happened moments earlier. The part that upset me the most was that the young man that hit me made no apologies whatsoever even when I reminded him that my car was only 4 months old. All he could say was "I guess that's why we have Insurance". Per his insurance carrier he admitted fault and there was no dispute. Damage was all contained to the bumper and the parts behind it including the metal bar behind the bumper cover. Luckily no damage done to the exhaust, metal panels or the hatchback. The damage total came to 2,094.00. You cannot tell there was that much damage by the picture. You can however see how dirty my car is ... but it is winter here in Chicago! I am bringing the car to an authorized BMW repair center tomorrow. Luckily no one was hurt and the damage minimal. I guess it could have been a lot worse. Thanks for listening.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0