View Single Post
      07-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #25
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-2002on View Post
Since BMW decided to wait on bringing the X1 to the USA, i gave up and bought a Ford F150 ecoboost truck

What a bizarre switch of car choices.

The X1 is selling like mad in Europe, it is now the best selling SUV, my dealer reckons many are saying the new X3 is just too bloated, I had one on an overnight demo and didn't like it, took it back the same afternoon. Then took the X5 out and found that better for some reason, but still didn't excite me like my 535d sport touring or 335i sport touring did.
So decided I would be boring and buy my third E91, but the dealer told me to take his X1 sDrive 20d manual out for a spin as he thought I would like it, that was last Monday, by Friday I had a 2010 one sat on my drive.

It is more like a newer 3 series touring allroad than an X car imho, it keeps the handling and dynamics of the 3 series but far more comfy and a slightly raised drive height, nothing major, but still higher.

When you drive the X1 and X3 back to back you have to really want a 4x4 to want the X3, the X1 is just another BMW with a little extra practicality and a fresh new design, it makes the X3 look very dull imho.
Appreciate 0