View Single Post
      05-31-2016, 10:06 PM   #68
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

Ok, I really couldn't wait a couple to get this installed so I had to do it basically immediately after work. Of course I was 3 hours in, nearly complete, could see the light at the end of the tunnel, and the missis had to take the car...

But I did manage to get it all hooked up, supply the power, and test it out. So I'll give you guys the unboxing and a quick preview for now

Words of caution for those thinking of getting this:
1. This is not a fully reversible install - you have to cut 3 holes total: 1 in the large plastic trim, and 2 in the metal part of the gate near where the strut supports are attached (I'll post photos later)
2. This thing is LOUD. I'll take a video of it in action later, but I was quite surprised by just how loud it was.

And now for the unboxing:

The whole thing came in a surprisingly small package, but everything was packed up really surprisingly well.

Unlike the first set that I ordered which ended up failling on me, this one comes with 2 supports for the gate, but their constructions looks virtually identical. That said, the control box looks far more superior and all the wiring is plug-and-play, no splicing or cutting of wires required (you just unplug the factory harness, and plug the new harness in between).

Last photo on the right you can see the two hole saws that are required for cutting the 3 holes I was referring to before. I have to say I was extremely shocked at just how sharp they were (especially the one for cutting in the metal).

Alright, that's it, will post the rest once I get around to completing the install, taking the video, and editing it all

Attached Images

Appreciate 0