03-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #11
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
I'd think so. But I would recommend several rolls of tape too, because the plastic skirts are just for show. And the sunroof might have to go.

It's never going to be an M3 class car, obviously, but I am convinced it would make a quite good rally car if jacked up an inch. Even stock, it takes twisty hilly turns like a champ, and you can four-wheel slide it around bends with quite remarkable accuracy.
This is where the X1 belongs, in my opinion:

I'd actually love to see some aftermarket company make some parts for the X1 that make it a bit more rugged. I've searched around and cannot find anything.

Of course I would have no intention of taking it rock crawling or anything like that, but it would be nice if you could make it into a bit more of a rally car type that can handle the bad weather better and some light off-roading. Maybe some skid plates and some sort of kit to lift the car a tiny bit so that perhaps you could put fit some 60 series off road tires. Because I've checked and can't find anything that is 50 series that has an off road tread.
Appreciate 0