07-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #15
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvius View Post
I use USB playback with iDrive, and the random option is not really random. It's like it generates a random playlist, then just plays them in that order. So if you are playing song A, and it is followed in random mode by song B, it will always go in that order. So playing song A in random will always be followed by song B. I assume the random list is rebuilt whenever you change the contents of the USB drive.

Anyway, it's a bit annoying, but I can always just manually pick a new track if I find I'm in a section of the random list I've already heard. But it would probably be a lot more annoying without being able to manually skip around with iDrive.
That's exactly how mine was, and I like complete random for normal playback. I got a free program from https://www.doubletwist.com/ which I loaded into each flash drive, and this offered a random setting, which allows me to play the complete contents of the drive. I don't want the distraction of nav, nor would I use it. To be fair, my opinion of over priced factory nav might be different if I lived in a large metro area. I don't carry a cell phone because I don't like to be interrupted.
Appreciate 0