View Single Post
      10-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
gabriel277
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Alpine White

I have a 2014 X1 Xdrive w/ Nav idrive. I'm not sure how to find production date, but purchased sept 26, 2013, and the steering wheel voice button does not activate Siri. I can activate on the phone, and it works through the speaker system, but this was also the case on my '11, 335D w/ iDrive. No difference I can find. The one difference I appreciate in the system, is that through the BMW App, I can look up a destination from the phone (or google maps on computer) and send it to iDrive, and then retrieve it in the messages section-- which saves the cumbersome experience of entering of destinations with the iDrive wheel. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
I read a while ago that all 2014 BMWs will include compatibility with Siri so that you can activate Siri by holding down the voice control button on the steering wheel.

However, I can't seem to find any confirmation whether or not that feature is included in the X1. As I just ordered my car, I am curious. Has anyone with a new X1 (produced after August 2013) tried this feature?
Appreciate 0