View Single Post
      02-01-2024, 07:18 AM   #76
Luuv2sail
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 X35I A E84 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmVe View Post
FWIW, I just bought two of these switches used via flea-bay in the UK for cheap. One is not the correct switch module per say to do a complete swap but the the buttons are the correct buttons. As such, rather than trimming the current button I'll swap buttons. Viola fully functional rear fog lights plus the correct graphics. That will make the wife happy to not wonder what the button does. And me too cause I am a bit on OCD side too.

Edit add - I made the switch swap. EZ. And of course the rear fog lights come on and the emblem in dash lights up. However, I had counted on the electronics board being the same as the Euro version. But it is not. The US version does not come with the tiny LED back lighting!! I figured that it did. That said I just used the electronics board from the Euro switch even though it has the leveling function and I have Xenon lights.

Got the second switch and it was the correct switch (front/rear/ fog, rain sensor, xenon) sans the chrome knob. I swapped it and viola correct button and backlighting.
Where can I buy one of the backlit switches? All I've found listed were new and priced above $60.
Appreciate 0