View Single Post
      03-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #13
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

I took my car in a little while back due to an iDrive failure and even though I stopped getting DSC/xDrive malfunction error they looked into it as well.

I had left my OBDII bluetooth adapter connected when I dropped of the car and after finding no issues related to the error they commented that these devices are known to cause misc error messages.

I kind of blew this off, but since I wasn't currently using the adapter I removed it. Fast forward to this weekend and I decide since the weather is nice I am going out for a drive. I also decide to bring along my cheap android tablet with DashCommand and plug back in the adapter.

After not seeing the error message in a good 2 months, within 30 minutes of starting my drive lo and behold the DSC/xDrive malfunction message pops up again.

I again removed the adapter and drove a couple of more hours on Saturday, plus several drives on Sunday (and my work drive this morning) with no more error messages. So it looks like they weren't just blowing smoke up my @$$ about these potentially driving issues.
Appreciate 0