View Single Post
      02-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #7
drummerlauw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i. 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Other than long term reliability concerns and the looming all new model for 2016, I can only offer the following as cons IMHO, others may disagree.

- Gas is sensitive, it's tricky to launch slowly, the car kind of lurches
- Engine sounds like a tractor compared to my Saab 2T
- Brakes are INSANELY sensitive, they bit REALLY hard really quickly
- Steering is very heavy for a modern car
- Base interior is cheap
- Leather is an option not standard despite the price tag
- The tail gate does not have little handles built in so your hands are covered in crap when you close it
- No power tail gate
- Mileage is OK for 240 HP but still not as good as I would expect for 2015
- No arm rest which drives me bezerk

Not a huge list TBH.
We test drove the X1. I agree with the following and comments:

- Gas is sensitive, it's tricky to launch slowly, the car kind of lurches (I notice this too especially in Sport mode).
- Brakes are INSANELY sensitive, they bit REALLY hard really quickly (coming from a Corolla, this is very true for my parents).
- Steering is very heavy for a modern car (we actually like this)
- The tail gate does not have little handles built in so your hands are covered in crap when you close it (i think the one that we test drove have handles inside the tail gate?)
- No arm rest which drives me bezerk (I didn't notice this, i believe there should be one? If not, wow).

I think the bottom line is, my parents are not ready yet for 240HP turbocharged engine with sensitive brakes of BMW. I personally like the car other than the rear part of the X1, which i think looks a little odd. Really hope that the US will get the 1 series back!!!

Appreciate 0