02-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #22
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackel View Post
Beemer,
Outside America you guys have many great options. I am quite jealous of the vehicles that can be bought in Europe.

But I am comparing apples to apples. Yes, you can "soup up" any car to ultra high HP. Been there and done that. And, generally speaking, you end up with a very fast and completely unreliable vehicle.

I am only comparing SUVs in America with a fully backed warranty. If my car "breaks" they give me a loaner and an apology, with no bill. It is my one and only daily driver, so it has to be 100% dependable for 15,000+ miles a year. At 5800+ altitude with changing temperatures (very cold to very hot).
So, any fully warrantied new SUVs in America that are as quick for similar money??

I am not a "BMW bigot" (although I do love their products), I considered many brands. Especially MB & Audi.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

If I want super fast, highly modified speed my motorcycle is the way to go.

I agree here...

In response to Beemer...Even AMG engines are "tuned..." Only difference is the "factory" warranty aspect and the "hand built" marketing BS that comes with the AMG "nameplate".

While I have not taken the Dinan "tune" to my X1 35i, I am considering the JB4. It will be a great "sleeper."

The X1 I have is fully loaded and I have it now, with several years under the model, instead of waiting for a new 2015 GLA AMG and the teething pain associated with a new model release ( especially MB... I had a 1998 ML when they first came out and made MB buy it back because it was so bad...)

All in all, for what is available now, and for the next year or so, X1 35i is the best available performance CUV
Appreciate 0