View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #70
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
I'll race you in my M3...and yes, I will take you up on the offer to ship me and my car, since I'm much closer Does a modded X1 really offer sub-4 sec 0-60?? Even modded? 1/4 mile times?? And don't just quote the engine, I'm talking the whole car here and I bet I'm a full 30 sec faster around a 35 second road course... C'mon dude
The one thing M3 owners have in common besides ego is lack of reading skills.

I will paypal anyone in this thread $2000 right now if they can show where I said the X1 is faster around a road course or a better car than the M3. Let alone a modded M3, which yours clearly is.

Yes, a modded X1 is sub 4 seconds 0-60. Awd and 400hp, 450lb/ft torque tends to do that.

I just don't understand why it's so hard for M3 owners to accept that their car isn't inhumanly fast in a straight line, especially because they put such an incredible effort into making sure everyone knows that they "didn't buy the M3 because of straight line speed." Great! Than it shouldn't bother you so much when a X1 with $400 mods pulls away from you on the street! Nobody's claiming they'll beat you around a track, and the M3 will drop ten times as many panties as the X1.

But again, it really shouldn't bother you that you're down 150lb/ft torque to that X1. Because hey, you didn't buy it for straight line speed

Last edited by paradoxical3; 02-28-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0