08-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #30
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Sorry, no offence intended. You need to read my comment in context of another members remark as to the relevance of the X1.

As to corners...... Well I have crossed the USA N to S and E to W, probably done about 50k miles in total. Public, single lane roads (with passing places every 100 yrds) and 180 degree hairpins are rare. We have some seriously scary ones here.

Then again I have not done the Tail of the Dragon, will keep it in mind for my next visit

PS: I do remember crossing the mountains near Grand Junction CO a few years back in a 325i during a raging Blizzard. Luckily we had snow chains but that was plenty scary
Thats okay, I was just kidding around. Yeah, I have driven around Europe as well (not Scotland, but in the upper Midlands, Ireland and Bavaria), there are probably a heck of a lot more one-lane roads in Europe than the US, not to mention a lot more narrow, twisty roads. One thing we don't lack in the US is space and wide-open roads. East coast moutain (Appalachian) roads are probably the most comparable to Europe.
Appreciate 0