04-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabab123 View Post
I have ordered 2014 BMW X1 sDrive 28i 10 days ago. When will i be able to start tracking the vehicle online? My dealer didn't give me VIN number or production number yet.
You should get the production number after about two days. If it takes longer, it's because the dealer hasn't put it in the system yet!
With the production number, you can start tracking the vehicle at the BMW web site.

Once it starts production, the dealer will get the VIN. This will normally be several weeks after you get a production number. At the time you get the VIN, no more changes can be made to the order, by either you, the dealer or BMW.
Also, after hitting production, you can get the last 7 digits of the VIN by looking at the source code for the my bmw page, and searching for VIN_7

Earlier, you could have plugged the VIN_7 into the BMW Vin Decoder web site to get the whole VIN as well as all the order details, but BMW has asked the person who ran the site to take it down, so now I'm afraid you'll have to get the full VIN from your dealer.
Appreciate 0