scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Hi all,

I really can't decide what I want for my needs. I feel like, I just keep deciding then reading forums and then backing out of my decisions.

I don't know if I really need 3 rows, but then having the 3rd row may come in handy when family is visiting.
I need to be able to fit in 2 car seats and have a 3rd passenger sit somewhat comfortably.

I keep going back and forth between these.

X5 - gets expensive, new redesign coming this year, rough ride, 2 rows only.

XC90 - I really want to get this, but reading the forums people are having issues, but don't know if that's just a very small population, plus $60,000 for a Volvo, I can get a BMW mentality.(badge snob I guess).

GLS - I like the look, but may be too big to drive as DD, parking, turning radius etc. (will be buying used if at all)

MDX - like the new redesign, has a lot of standard features, don't like the 2 screen setup, looks dated, but is a good value, 3rd row.

I really don't like anything else. Will be getting the GLE350 for the wife when her leases is over.

Just need some help in thinking this through and what you guys have experienced with any of these cars if any.
I'll probably get flamed for this......but here goes:

We have a 2016 Durango R/T... captains chairs 2nd row and 3rd row seating...almost 10000 miles....no issues.

We have a 4 & 1 yr old in car seats and 3rd row is biggest in class. Third row folds neatly for plenty storage space for double stroller/ suitcases for when we had to evacuate for Hurricane Matthew.