Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Yes indeed - hats off to Blackhawks - they've done a hell
of a job as an organization and as a team.

I have to say - Tampa Bay was really a fantastic team and organization as well - they are definitely going to get a Stanley Cup soon - and I'm glad they made it the closest Stanley Cup in history - nobody knew it was a Hawks win until about a minute left in the third period!!

If Tampa truly models themselves off of the Blackhawks they could
easily be the next dynasty (I'd just like to see the Hawks get s few more Cups first though)!
Well, THAT might be a bit of an exaggeration.

It was a good series - not the most exciting or high scoring, but solid, solid hockey throughout. And in the salary cap era, what the 'Hawks have put together is impressive. Will be interesting to see what happens to the team with a few of those long term contracts really starting to bite this summer. In theory, they should not be able to hang on like this (by keeping the high price talent, they have to cut too many of the 2nd tier guys who form the solid backbone and depth of any good team).

But it is great to see the Hawks revived from where they were 10 years ago and good to see hockey still somewhat cared about in Bettman Belt teams.

For those who live in Tampa, how hard was it to get tickets during the playoffs?

(I briefly considered getting some to the Anaheim / Flames series in California (and could easily find seats still available), though the timing didn't work out for me to take a trip there....)