Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef
Perfect ending to the best playoff hockey I've ever seen. It's amazing the way this team always finds a way to win, and they only get better with their backs against the wall. Those guys all deserve it.
Yes indeed - hats off to Blackhawks - they've done a hell
of a job as an organization and as a team.

I have to say - Tampa Bay was really a fantastic team and organization as well - they are definitely going to get a Stanley Cup soon - and I'm glad they made it the closest Stanley Cup in history - nobody knew it was a Hawks win until about a minute left in the third period!!

If Tampa truly models themselves off of the Blackhawks they could
easily be the next dynasty (I'd just like to see the Hawks get s few more Cups first though)!
Agreed. I thought the Ducks were actually a better team than Tampa, but I respected Tampa's style of play and the tightness of their defense much more. The Ducks were all about physicality, intimidation, and getting cheap shots in when the refs weren't looking, and all they did was cry about how the bounces didn't go their way whenever they lost. Tampa on the other hand, is a young team with a ton of speed and talent, and I was most impressed by their maturity and poise throughout the series. They seemed calm and collected every minute, whether they were leading by a goal or trailing.

Will be interesting to see what happens next year, but the leadership the Hawks' have from a few key players and Quenneville is something that won't get traded away due to salary cap, and you need look no further than Teravainen to see what young players can do when surrounded by the right leaders. I fully expect the Hawks to be as deadly next year as they were this year.
Appreciate 0