View Single Post
      06-11-2021, 09:23 PM   #1
mlw18
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Stumped - Right rear door will not open from inside or outside

Hello,

I have a 2014 X1 that has a mystery rear door issue. Originallyy, door would not open from outside but I was able to open from inside. I purchased a new bowden cable for the outside handle.

Lat night I removed door panel to find cable is in good shape. I did remove the cable from the clip at the exterior handle to inspect and then reattached. Put everything back together and door worked great. Opened and closed from inside and out.

Today I drive it and it would not open from inside or outside. Took out rear seat, removed panel and opened door. Did the same thing (removed cacle and reattached) as the first time and door worked as expected. Just drove to dinner and once again, door will not open from inside or outside.

Also, when it is not working - single pull of interior handle does not unlock door. Although key and central lock does unlock car. Locking and unlocking has no effect on the door. I also have setting where door locks when move driving.

Any thoughts? I am getting good at removing the panel and did find a couple dollars in change under the rear seat but I am tired of removing that panel.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0