01-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #12
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolomee View Post
Hate to rain on your parade, but here in Canada, the 535i and 550i are both available with the manual as well. The stupid thing is that when you select the Sports Package on the 535i, you can't pick the 6MT as an option. What kind of retarded thinking is that?

And BMW has lost me as a potential customer if they can't bring either the X1 or X3 with the 6MT.
I don't get it how you all can discount the X1 before the release spec is finalised or at the very least have driven one. Do you all decide on which car to go for based on paper spec?

1. I am a committed petrolhead
2. I love cars
3. I love manuals
4. I love driving

I thoroughly test drive every manufacturer and model within a set range of requirements, its part of the fun.

In order to arrive at my decision to go for the X1 I have driven:

1. Audi Q5 2.0 TDi and TFSi, in manual and auto
2. Audi All Road in 2.0 TDi manual
3. Audi A4 Estate 2.0 TFSi Auto
4. BMW 3-series Estate 2.5i Manual
5. Merc C-Class Estate 250 CDI Auto
6. Merc E-Class Estate 250CDI Auto
7. Merc E-Class Coupe 250 CGI Manual
8. Volvo XC60 2.4d in Auto

And of course the X1 (there is no petrol model in the UK) in:

1.8d SDrive Manual
2.0d Xdrive Manual and Auto
2.3d Xdrive Auto

I won't go into the pros and cons of each or my process of arriving at the X1 except to say that the 2.0d Xdrive in Auto was the nicest drive of all.

Its my first diesel (it really is that good) and my first auto and I can in all honesty say that its one of the nicest all round cars I have owned.

Anyway just my two bits.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0