View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
Ktmdude
Private
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Going on a road trip: what to visit in LA/California in general?

I'm planning on going to California for at least month this summer, I would take a plane to Los Angeles and I'll see what I'll do from then on. I would like to have a list of some things I should definitely do, so I don't just waste my time in the US. I plan on renting a car and going on a road trip after I've seen LA.

What should I definitely visit in Los Angeles?
In how many days can you see LA? Ideally, I would want to stay no longer than a week. I know most of the obvious things like Hollywood, Rodeo drive, Santa Monica beach etc. But what are some of the hidden gems of LA? So far, I'm planning to visit the usual places any tourist would visit in LA. What's nightlife like?

What should I see in the surroundings of LA?
I would love to ride the snake (Mulholland drive) on a motorcycle. I would like to see Malibu.

Other places in California worth visiting?
Other cities like San Francisco are something I would like to visit, maybe stay a night or two. Is it worth to visit Vegas? I will be accompanied by my girlfriend and she's not 21 yet. But after LA, the focus of my trip will be road tripping I just don't know where yet. I want to see some American nature and culture as it's my first time going to the US.

What food should I try?
I'm looking forward to try many of your fast food chains that we don't have in Europe, obviously. What should I order at restaurants, any restaurants I should go to?

Where should I rent a car? How expensive will it be?
Should I rent a car for visiting LA as well or can I take the metro/bus? When I'm done visiting LA I want to start my road trip and end it there as well. I imagine the road trip would take 3 weeks at least.

Thanks in advance for reading through my long post
Appreciate 1
eluded3043.00