View Single Post
      09-28-2017, 09:52 PM   #20
Vidgamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 e84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
No, you can certainly add lowering springs to the stock struts/shocks or coilovers without any rubbing or interference. Many people run H&R springs on stock dampers. The wheel wells in these cars are huge.

Why would you think adding a set of springs would cause rubbing or some type of interference? They're only dropping the car a couple inches. There's still TONS of room to lower it more if you wanted.
I'm pretty sure I read posts from people complaining about bottoming-out and other issues, but I can't say that I've been able to follow what they've done.

From looking into suspension mods for other cars (I usually buy Japanese), they usually recommend changing the shocks when lowering, as the stock dampers often don't work as well out of their normal range. I would love to be able to lower and not have to worry about replacing the shocks as well. I don't think it would need much lowering to look better. (Then again, if my wife ends up driving it, she'd rather it be higher! Maybe I'd better leave it alone.. )

Quote:
Along the same lines, you could add longer springs to an E90, and wind up with a similar ride height to the X1. There's enough shock length to accommodate some lifting, even stock.
Appreciate 0