View Single Post
      07-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #14
eezeekial
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by druu View Post
the A7RII doesn't compete with a 1DX. It will never shoot sports, action or take on serious elements for wildlife etc, in the same light it is a much higher megapixel count camera made for other video, and what i would guess is studio work, the 1DX is not for studio work, there are much better and sometimes cheaper cameras for that, even the 5d3 is better suited for that. You aren't comparing apples to apples, heavy/fast pro slr vs best in class full frame mirrorless camera. There will be a market for the heavy duty, long battery life, weather sealed as long as it can't be found in the mirrorless market. Just look at medium format cameras, they still exist and are in heavy use for commercial work.
You are right, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Sony's next step should be to build a rugged mirrorless camera to start competing with some of the other styles out there. If you havent played with an a6000, its worth checking out. After having a D300 and D800, I was sold on the A7s and a6000 after 10 minutes of playing with them. The low light ability on the a7s is incredible if you dont mind the sacrifice in MP. (Im more of a video person and the wife is more of the photographer)

Appreciate 0