View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw X1 35i X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkbrian View Post
Someone hit the driver door of my new X1 while it was parked. Of course they did not leave a note behind. I the insurance adjustor indicated they are just going to patch the door (about 1200 in damage). I think the door should be replaced as I dont want a patched car when it is only two months old. Are there drawbacks for requesting that the door (panel I assume) be replaced? Are the parts even available yet?
If the damage did not get into the body lines, which it dont look that way, i would try a dentless paint removal company, they have done wonderful thing on cars i thought would have to be painted or body work on, dont hurt to have one of them look at it first, that way no paint is done to car at all....looks like a shallow dent that could be removed...