View Single Post
      03-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #52
xact
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickkassem View Post
Was the staggered wheels ordered? It sort of changes the look of the M Sport not having the wider tires in the rear. Also, from a cost standpoint, the rear wider wheels and tires ate a lot more expensive. Bottom line, if the staggered layout was ordered, shouldn't BMW owe you money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
This has me confused. I thought he M-Sport came with staggered performance tires by default, not all-season?
I did intentionally order my X1 with the all-season tire option and was prepared to deal with the resulting compromise in summer handling and winter traction performance. (I've had cars with dedicated summer/winter tires before and I am very familiar with the benefits of each.)

So... when I ordered (shortly after Christmas), I quadruple-checked with my SA to ensure that my X1 was indeed properly configured with the recently-added "2MY" all-season tire option. (Same with the "7XA" paddle-shift option that had been problematic for others in the past.)

However since the "2MY" option was poorly documented and information on it was scarce, I did not know that ordering "2MY" meant I would be receiving a square tire setup instead of staggered. By the time this thread (nospam's post on 1/19) alerted me to the fact that I would likely get four identical wheels/tires, my X1 was already built.

Upon taking delivery, I showed my SA the 2014 "2MY" spec sheet that shows an all-season, yet staggered setup. However, he thinks this is simply an error as M Sport packages on other models generally include a square setup when spec'ed with all-season tires.

Although I absolutely love my X1 overall so far, I am fairly annoyed with how how this played out. This is the first BMW I've ordered/owned and I am not impressed at all with their shifting, ambiguous spec list.
Appreciate 0