View Single Post
      12-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #14
Mtpisgah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 WRX & 2013 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
I have iDrive with PA but no BUC and I wish I had one. the statement above saying that it makes people worse drivers baffles me.

my truck has a BUC and I love to use it. it has made my wife more aware and she can park better than she ever has with it, she can't even park the X1 as well as she parks my truck.
I have witnessed people in parking lots backing up and looking only at their dash, obviously at the BUC. They don't pay attention to the car driving down the aisle or the pedestrian approaching but who is not n camera range yet.

With a truck the size of a F150 or larger, it is a different situation. Most SUVs don't need them until you are at a similar size. And even with large vehicles, if people pay attention to their surroundings and know the vehicle, you can do without. I have driven my buddies F250 crew cab, without a BUC, a number of times and have never had an issue.

Sorry, I just feel that we as a society are becoming too dependent on technology. With Auto braking when we get too close to someone, sensors to tell us we are leaving our lane, and BUCs, young drivers are not going to have good driving skills, even with those crutches. End grumpy old man rant. And get off my lawn.

Last edited by Mtpisgah; 12-28-2016 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0