View Single Post
      04-20-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
Xdrive35i2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbod View Post
I would think that the only issue may be the strut tower and where the turbo is mounted. I have been trying to decide if I want to have Pure make my PS2 work for the X1 or pickup a Speedtech kit.

The thought of making more power easily or on lower octane is appealing. My pump gas tune on the PS2 is about 390 - 400 whp. I would love to see 450 - 480 whp on pump gas.
why would PS2 not work on your X1? it worked on mine. I bought my PS2 from N54tuning without core exchange... I think the core was originally from a 335i. Anyways, if you are going with a speedtech kit, are you going with the 7670 or the 8374? Close to 500whp on pump is appealing for sure!

I have been chatting with Jeff@speedtech. He is not familiar with the x1 35i thus he is uncertain if his kit would work...

Jeff's response for my inquiry:

------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I'm not really familiar with the X1 platform, but we have had kits on E82's (135i), E90/92, so if we can figure out commonalities between the platforms, there might be a chance.

Here is more info on the kits:

Options for turbos are: 7064 (up to 550whp), 7670 (up to 650whp), 8374 (up to 750whp), and 9180/9174 (up to 950whp)

E chassis cars can fit up to 7670, beyond that requires custom work for clearance requirements.

Costs for the kits - $3800 plus shipping for the 7064 or 7670, and $4300 plus shipping for the 8374/9180 kit.

Included in the kit:

BorgWarner EFR Turbo
Cast Exhaust Manifold (divided for twin scroll), ceramic coated
Stainless Steel Downpipe
RH Engine Mount
Waterpump Mount Bracket
Coolant Hoses and Billet Fittings
Oil Lines and Billet Fittings
Aluminum Turbo Inlet Tube Fitting/bracket
Silicone Turbo Outlet Tube
Silicone Couplers
Intercooler Billet Adapter
WG Bracket and Linkage Assembly
Required Fasteners and Hose Clamps
V-band Clamp
Full instructions
If you are not familiar with the EFR line of turbos, please take a look at the link below, they are the best available:

http://www.turbos.borgwarner.com/fil...ical_brief.pdf

So when looking at kits, please keep in mind that we are using a $2500 turbo, not a cheapo journal bearing turbo.

Also, if you haven't been to our product page, we have dyno plots and pics here:

https://www.speedtech.com/bmw-n55/

Thanks, and let me know if you think of any other questions on the kits.

---

jeff@speedtech.com
Mod List: Twisted Tuning MHD tune, XHP3, ER Charge Pipe, catless DP, ER Competition FMIC, Pure Stage 2 Turbo, PURE High Flow Inlet Pipe, ER Outlet Pipe, GFB DV (Plus), Gruppe M intake, Supersprint full exhaust
Appreciate 0