View Single Post
      05-05-2021, 07:49 AM   #9
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
Do you know if your car was involved in a car accident before your buy it? My wife had a rear end accident while waiting at a red light, a small crash were they replaced the rear bumper, the tail light and a wheel (Toyota Yaris with 10 000 miles) 6 months later when I installed the winter tires I noticed an unusual wear of the rear tires and a little less in the front. I suspected that it was related to the accident. She went to the shop were they did the repairs and they said everything was fine. So I went to another place and ask them to check the alignment of the car ( I knew it was the rear right wheel) after 20 mn the technician ask if the car has an accident and I told him, then he told me that the rear beam supporting the wheels was affected. We sent a letter to the insurance, the repair shop and to the Toyota dealer...2 days later they replaced the rear frame and beam supporting the wheels in addition with 4 new tires, all free of charge...driving the car was like a new car, completely different feeling, light steering etc...
Interesting idea. I certainly haven't had an accident with the car. A few hard stops, sure, but no accidents.

The weird thing was, I bought the car with OEM runflats, and two tires wore faster, but none were abnormally worn. But with the Vercelli's it became apparent quite quickly there was a problem. Obviously I could have hit a couple of good sized potholes and thrown things out a bit, but all 4 wheels!? The alignment is supposedly good now, so we shall see. I will check them every few thousand miles and report back.

Last edited by SharpAndCunning; 05-05-2021 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0