Thread: Muffler delete
View Single Post
      08-29-2017, 11:45 PM   #29
aniks
Rep
Drives: F30, MG 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanpaglia View Post
yeh there is one right before the resonator? right?
Apparently that one is a second resonator. I went to a local exhaust shop today to see what they recommended. They told me that they had experiences with a bunch of 328's and muffler deletes and that people complained that they were just too loud. They even took off the second resonator and turned the car on as if it were to just have a straight pipe back. And in my opinion it was too loud.

So in the end they convinced me to get a resonator delete.

The verdict for me is, there isn't much of a difference. When cruising, it almost seems like it's quieter. Under pressure there's a bit more noise, but it's not as throaty as I was expecting/it sounded in the shop. I'm not sure how much the noise will change when the weather gets colder (it's about hovering in the 90's here). But I'll see how I like it over the next few weeks and decide if I want to keep it. (I'll try to get a cold start video soon).

For those of you who have done the muffler delete, does anyone have a video of driving under acceleration (inside the car)? I had a sports catless exhaust in a previous car and the drone was just unbearable. I'm not wanting to repeat that.

Or does anyone have experiences with other mufflers? I read something about using a magnaflow muffler.
Appreciate 0