View Single Post
      07-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavid1101 View Post
Numbers on paper looks just about the same size as the 3 touring. X1 beat it by headroom and but touring beat X1 on cargo by a bit. Touring cargo is longer and wider but overall does not have the height.

Shockingly the cargo space is smaller than the new 328.

If you are looking for a wagon, this would be a good choice. height of X1 is actually right between Touring and X3 (about 160mm taller).

I'm actually in the process of elimination with my wife on different SUVs and different classes. We are looking at:

CR-V (I like the size and price but dont like the old engine/gearbox etc)
Ford Escape (wife loves the size, I dont like the build, cheap, interior space is just a bit bigger than X1 by the numbers but trunks is almost double the X1)
CX-5
Kia/Hyundai
Waiting for new Hyundai Santa Fe Sport to come out, looks like a beauty but it's even a tad bigger than CR-V

We will check out a couple of these this weekend and will stop by BMW and try out the Touring to see if she likes the idea of it but 5 inches taller.

We drove a 2013 Escape mid level trim going for 28K, I can probably get base X1 ED Invoice + 750ish and come out at 28K. No brainer for the price to go for X1 in that scenario.

Lets see what the wife says
When my e90 lease is up I will likely consider the base X1 x-drive, Grand Cherokee and Highlander. I know, apples to oranges. Looking forward to checking out the X1 when it hits dealers in a couple months. But cargo space may be an issue.

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0