View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

Hi

My X1 has been at the dealers for 4 weeks tomorrow (Thu 14th). They've been trouble shooting and fixing a timing chain noise. It was fixed once last year, but re-occurred.

To start with no contact for roughly a week. In the 2nd week I was asked exactly what the noise was, which I had already explained. In the 3rd week was told BMW had Ok'd the repair with loads of new 'bits'. I then chased at the end of the 3rd week to be told they didn't have a spare bay to do the 2 day rebuild. Today I was told the repair is complete and the car is ready, which is just under 4 weeks in total.

I think they could have been a bit quicker, but they had some issues with getting BMW to authorise the repair as it had been repaired already, so fair play to them. Communication wasn't great but they did at least call me 3 out of the 4 weeks.

I've had use of a brand new 320d for the last 4 weeks, which apart from the low seating position, small wing mirrors and lack of steering feel is not a bad car. Fantastic iDrive system with cracking SatNav!

I totally understand your frustration as it's never nice to loose your car for so long (especially if it's really new), but as Transfer says above... the issue is getting fixed ...and that's what the warranty is for.

If you're not happy though, use the lemon thing as I'm sure that'll kick a few ar$es, or get you out of the ownership completely.

J.
Appreciate 0