View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 12:12 PM   #3
kinstak
Rep
Drives: F48, E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwickberg View Post
Have the same problem. Biggest issue is that the sunroof panels have paid tabs that deteriorate and break off and can render the panels useless...

I had a local shop quote me $1800 to replace the tabs and drop headliner, cassette and repair the panels... that was 3 years ago.

I decided to keep sunroof closed and pulled fuse 25 and it's the springy windshield covers in the sunroof hole
Thanks this is useful. My sunroof is working perfectly, so I guess my tabs are not broken yet, but might get broken in the process.

I have read some posts, and it seems that the front panel is not that difficult to remove -- See link here -- it seems that you can just open the sunroof, take the glass out, and then remove the front panel. Does this sound right to you? Is there risk of breaking the plastic guides even for this one?

The one that seems more difficult to remove / access is the back panel, would you agree with this?

If I can manage to solve the front panel I was thinking about reglueing my existing liner or a new liner with new foam to the sunroof shades without removing the panel from the car cwickberg. I know this is very unorthodox, but would you say this is feasible?
Appreciate 0