View Single Post
      11-07-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
Well after only 14 months I've decided to chop my X1 in. Just got a little bored of it and fancy a change.

Have any of the UK guys had any experience of getting quotes from BMW to buy back the car?

As for replacement - I'm completely changing - on the verge of ordering a TT diesel coupe. Funnily enough I ordered a TT in 2007 but cancelled it and ended up buying a Z4MC.
Sorry to hear that you've decided to sell . That was the position that I found myself in before I found out how much the 'cost of change' would be. My solution was to create the car I had wanted in the first place by having the Msport modifications carried out. Since having the work done I'm a lot happier with the car

I've also had experience of ownership of three Audi TT's. Two series ones and one of the first series two in the country. I can't deny that the mk2 was a good car but my experience was not good....Shortly after buying the car I was nearly killed on three occasions due to an electrical fault on the immobiliser cutting out and locking up the engine after it had got warm, on a blind bend on an A road! Same time, same place three days running. Audi had been brilliant when selling me the car, but the aftersales service was worse than bad. The car came back after a week 'in their care' with significant additional mileage on the clock, a chip on the paintwork on the edge of the drivers door and a scuffed alloy. The problems were fixed but after that the car never felt special again so I traded it in.

I think if I were to trade in my X1 I would be investigating Mercedes and perhaps the Nissan 260Z. Did get offered a really nice low mileage Marcus Mantara Spyder V8 4.0 ltr this weekend as a second car and am very tempted. 0 > 60 in under 4.5 secs. Still really like Porsche though!

Last edited by Mulberry; 11-07-2011 at 05:00 AM..
Appreciate 0