View Single Post
      09-22-2016, 10:12 PM   #17
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Well, I 'kinda' get what he's saying. I'm sure that there are some very chill guys at the track, but those cars that had perfectly nice rear seats, those other extreme guys opted to go for the extreme version of those cars and get roll cages instead, in addition to other sacrifices to scrap off a few seconds off their laptimes. Unless they're rolling in $$$ and that car is exclusively used for the track, that's cool, but if they see road time that's kinda awkward.

My pet peeve, one example, you have these super expensive cars and instead of real door levers they put fabric in to 'save wt'. LMAO, as if those micron savings in wt will be anything but negligible. That insane all-costs to try to get to the bare minimum is just crazy and silly.
Yeah you get it. The kind of guy who makes just enough to afford an ok DD and a $100k weekend car, so he buys the ACR instead of something like a perfectly streetable AND trackable 911S for the sole fact that it's going to be the fastest thing at the track day and he can take it to cars and coffee to make people go "oooh and ahh". He didn't buy it because it's his favorite, he bought it because it was the fastest, most hardcore thing he could buy for the money. I'm not saying I hate these people or anything, but I would rather hang out with a guy who showed up to the track in his AMG GT S or Aston V12 Vantage, because you know they're just there to have a good time.

If it's a guys 3rd/4th/5th car (or he dailies something nice) then I agree, that's cool.

Last edited by fcman; 09-22-2016 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0