View Single Post
      09-18-2016, 11:40 PM   #7
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
The ACR is the American middle finger to all hypercars with a minimum 7 figure sticker. The crazy thing is, a lot of these cars can pull a pretty quick lap time but can they go for 5, 10, 15, 20 laps with consistency? The Damn ACR can run all day. Even the great all mighty 918 will start showing power fatigue after 2-3 laps. Simple naturally aspirated V10, 6 speed manual transmission, no fancy suspension, just plain old old school shit that people thought were outdated and slow and yet it's the fastest car under $1M and many times beyond a million bucks. And driving it fast is an orgasmic event every time.

I'm glad I went domestic this year as it's their time to shine. BMW (especially the M division) sold their soul long ago to chase max profit and sales. There's nothing special about the brand anymore aside from the badge and the heritage reminding us how great things were back then. Let's hope bmw redeems themselves with a respectable M2csl.

I think the difference is, as far as the Viper is concerned, compared to things like the ZL-1, Z/28, Corvette Z06 and Grandsport, Mustang 350/R and others, is that the Viper is a no-holds track car. I mean, just look at that wing and splitter. The others are ones that can tear up mountain roads, but still get you around the city without too much trouble. The Viper ACR is so far into the race-car category that it detracts from the overall car IMO. Some of the top-end porsches are the same way, but move down a level or two and they don't give up much and are infinitely more livable.