View Single Post
      01-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #22
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Sooooooooo I'm ecstatic...

...after much reservation and careful timing I programmed comfort mode on my Z4.

What's that? Well I can now open my roof with my key!!!

Ebay Software cost $40ish

Long version of the story:

So the wifey got me a Renown steering wheel for Christmas. While installing it, I had some issues around how to make sure I didn’t get an airbag light. Once you remove the airbag, you have to use resistors on where the connections were on the original steering wheel. If not done in the right order while the battery is disconnected your car will now have an airbag light on your dash. You cannot do much but take it to a dealer or shop to have it cleared. This in itself could cost a pretty penny.

So I resorted to looking or software that might help me do this myself. I am by no means a computer or software expert, which made this all the more difficult.

The software installed nicely, easy instructions and self installing. The use of google helped me find some useful sights with regards to instructions and code breakdown (because its all in german). I tried to change my home lights as a first try. I didn’t even know that I had home lights.

I tried to change them from the low beams to the fog lights.

I processed the software and I had been only half successful which tested my nerves to say the least. The low beams were no longer home lights, but the fogs weren’t either. So thankfully I was able to revert everything back to normal and it worked as it did originally. This gave me the courage to try and work on the GM5 module KOMFORT settings which allowed me to turn a feature that was not active to active.

Held breath …wrote to the ECU…and VOILA!!! It worked.

YAY!!!

Last edited by 3GFX; 01-21-2017 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0