View Single Post
      01-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #16
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by coo-pey View Post
Man, I did that back in December. As I said before; the previous two owners did not do much as far as preventive maintenance on this little coupe and I have been un-fcuk-ing some issues. I pulled out the cabin air filter. Apparently, according to the label on the filter, it is vintage and original to the car from 2007! An avalnace of leaves fell into the floorboard and the filter looked like a diseased lung. The filter was only $12.00.

As a side note, back when I bought the car, I had to remove the air vent cowl (total PIA) and dig out a about a 1/4 of a bucket of leaves from inside the fresh air intake for the vents. Even that drain pipe was stuck like house gutters and I had to dig it out with a hanger. Previous owner said "Garage kept"

Wonder if filter is from '07 or if just a stocking info w/date more to do with application. That is scary. I also need to run the heat on high through the different vent settings to burn any moisture out of the ducts.

I also use a wet/dry vac to vacuum then blow debris from the trunk drainage areas and the engine compartment recesses near the firewall and hood hinge area, anywhere where rain and leaves can congregate.
Appreciate 0