fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

Thumbs up New UK X1 Owner

Hello All

Now here's a story...

I purchased an brand new Audi A1 S Line TDi in Feb and took delivery of it 5 weeks ago. A lovely car with superb MPG, low servicing costs (thanks to the service plan) and £20 a year UK road tax. The interior was great with a fantastic Audi MMI system, LED mood lighting and Bluetooth control of my iPhone. It was quick and handled very well... and was fun I do a 100 mile commute everyday and thought this was the perfect car.

So what did I do on Saturday last week? I took a hit and traded it in for a MY2010 X1 sDrive 18d.

It's a long story, but the A1 was just not big enough at weekends and my daughter felt sick in the back. The mother-in-law couldn't get in the back at all and struggled to get in the front anyway. (we ferry the mother-in-law around a bit) The boot could not get a full weeks shopping in and would really have issues when we go to get the Christmas tree in December! With the S Line package you get black headlining, which made the car dark inside and felt a bit enclosed when driving.

Anyway enough of that... on Wednesday I picked up the X1 and feel it's the family car I should have bought in the first place. We test drove an X23d in September 2010 and loved it. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but there's something about it I really like.

The model we've bought has a 'shed load' of extras including full leather, comfort pack, 18" 5 star spoke alloys, sun protection glass, service plan, xLine package, etc etc. The only thing I would have liked was sports seats and the iDrive stuff. Sports seats retro fit anyone?

I driven it around for roughly 100 miles and managed a 53.4 MPG average. That's not bad considering the A1 was averaging 61.9.

Still getting used to the seats and the clutch (as I've got a bad back at the moment) but so happy I'm in something bigger that has plenty more room than my previous 2 cars... an A1 and an MY07 Vauxhall (Opel) Corsa.

I'll get some pics up when I get a minute to download from my camera, but for now... hello to all fellow X1 owners

J.

Last edited by fdpxfunix; 07-15-2011 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0