Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF64 View Post

Hello

A few days ago I read this forum and I have a X1 recently, I was very surprised how many people who complain about the same as I have complained to BMW, the car is very noisy in my view.

1 .- Long ago the engine noise at low speeds
2 .- For the 75-80 miles is also very loud noise in the latter case air, that is streamlined, the end is, a problem of sound insulation.

The engine noise problem is due in large part it is NOT BLANKET INSULATION MOTOR NOISE. INCREDIBLE. Neither the X1 or the Series-1 have the blanket Motor, the problem is that X1 is heavier and makes the engine makes more noise than the Series-1.

And no one told me when I bought the car that had no insulation blanket ENGINE NOISE, is something I understand a mark at this level and price should be taken into account.

I have consulted on the possibility of BMW's MANTA ENGINE NOISE INSULATION or adapt a blanket of X3 and not advise me to do yourself.

I recommend that you do get my e-mail complaint to the Customer of BMW because if you asked many people believe will end the MANTA ENGINE NOISE ISOLATION as in the other BMW models. It's been other times in the past.

Who does not complain I guess that does not bring anything.

Another problem is noise they make car mirrors to 75 miles / h, long aerodynamic noise, it seems that is because they have saved money on the rubber on the doors, on the other X series models are rubbers of double doors and X1 are simple, isolated half the noise.

The tires are the single door that uses the Series 1 and of course the X1 is far greater and greater volume more noise which makes friction with the air, should have the same rubber insulation that the series X, so when you go to 120km / h looks like it will lift a great wind, a lot of noise as if the window was not closed. Surely you feel the same, send it to Customer Service and you can double Gum at the Gates.

Greetings
Get another car.