View Single Post
      12-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #133
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

The loss to the Raiders today effectively ends the season. No way this group wins out. Even if they did, it may not be enough. Hard to believe week one is going to be the highlight of the season.

Bad losses this year will be the defining image of this season.
Bears at home (with a gimpy Marshall and Jeffrey)
Rams at home
Raiders on the road

Those are the games you have to win and they had won them in the past.
All three games featured the same anemic offensive effort and I don't think its coaching and scheme.

The league has adjusted to him and there is only so much the coaches can do to mask his flaws. Kap needs to add a counter to his regular skill sets.

I still like Kaepernick as a starter. I have no idea what is in his complete offseason workout. I will say he needs to spend most of his time in the film room and talking to his coaches and gurus about what he should be seeing. I would also say work more on his touch.

Not really interested in hearing about him getting stronger or how much faster he has gotten.

AND he will need to do it with a new coaching staff. No way Harbaugh survives. Let the coaching search and leaks begin. It's a shame as Harbaugh is a good coach, but this group has run its course.

49ers also need more deep speed. Davis was off this year for any number of reasons (age, injury, or indifference)

I see next year having Boldin, Johnson, and Ellington at WR. Every other spot is up for grabs. Gore is probably gone and Davis will be back unless he retires, but there will be no extension. If he holds out, I could see him being traded.

I'm glad Bowman won't play this year and that Willis opted for his toe surgery. No reason for those players to come back this year.

No reason to get to down though. The last three seasons ended by losing to the super bowl champs, the roster is still talented (but not as good as many believed), and I still think we have a winning QB. Wouldn't be surprised if the right hire pushes them back into the playoffs next year.
Appreciate 0