Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andret View Post
Added +/- to your options above to adjust for my combination. I took delivery of new X1 three weeks ago. Was $79k on road in SA. Ordered in January so didn't get much opportunity for negotiation on price.

Highly recommend performance control. Went for a hard drive in hills on the weekend and couldn't get it to understeer at all. Totally amazing for such a vehicle.

Ignore comments about reversing camera, it is great (especially if your wife is driving). Wish I got sport seats, have M-sport seats in the 325 and my wife and I miss them in the X1.
Thanks for your input. I went in on Tuesday to have my 135i valued and they flat out insulted me with an offer of $48K to which I simply said, "That's just insulting" and walked off. (They have the only two in WA for sale, comparable condition and kms for $72K + onroads each or thereabout). I got a call about 30 mins later from the salesman apologising for the valuation and begging me to come in again for another go at a deal. I'm off again today and I'm not going to be giving them an inch. I'll buy from over east if I have to. I'm an accountant, so you don't want to try and screw me on the numbers!

Andret, yours sounds like a nicely spec'd vehicle at a reasonable price. I've definitely decided to tick the performance control box and remove comfort access and voice control. All the other options I plan to keep cause it's my car and those specs suit me (and will suit missus/parents or anyone else driving it and not familiar with the car).

Will let you know how I get on.