07-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #75
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedsheet View Post
Ditch the F&R sensors... its a SMALL car... and you have good forward visibility.

Same goes for the camera. You get a great visual display of the sensors when reversing. Much more reliable that the camera image.

Lights package? really!?!

Shadowline is very subtle for the cash.

Voice control - it already comes with basic voice control for dialing phone numbers etc.. that should be enough.

Comfort access is an awful lot for the convenience it provides! and then where do you put the key?

Ditch that lot and it will be 77K
Sort of agree although we have a slightly different requirement here in the UK. I also don't know how the options differ in price between Oz and the UK but for what its worth my comments:

Sat Nav - I would ditch that and get a good aftermarket one at a tenth of the price. I have said this elsewhere that my Garmin outperforms the built in one. There are some postcode issues as well that still needs to be resolved. If having onboard power etc is important BMW make (and fit) one thats on the accessory list.

Parking Sensors - I would keep these. Visibility at the back especially is not that great (not bad but the tail is high). Again important here in the UK with our narrow streets and tiny parking spaces.

Rear Camera - Looks cool but not that important if you have sensors. The option also forces you to take the Sat Nav option.

Lights Package - A must in my opinion. Gives some nice touches for little money.

Voice Control - Not sure what you mean it comes with basic voice control. In the UK there is no voice control unless you specify the option 620

Comfort Access - Agree, its nice but very expensive and personally cannot see the point. Rather spend the money on a Hi Fi upgrade.

Anthracite Headliner - Only goes with certain interior trims in my opinion. For example I have chosen the Black Leather interior and this option just makes it too black/dark

Again a lot comes down to personal preference but.....

You have a high spec there BMWDave but some are missing:

Bluetooth?
Rainsensors and AutoLights - Cheap option but makes a big difference
Extended Storage?
Appreciate 0