Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedsheet View Post
Ditch the F&R sensors... its a SMALL car... and you have good forward visibility.

Same goes for the camera. You get a great visual display of the sensors when reversing. Much more reliable that the camera image.

Lights package? really!?!

Shadowline is very subtle for the cash.

Voice control - it already comes with basic voice control for dialing phone numbers etc.. that should be enough.

Comfort access is an awful lot for the convenience it provides! and then where do you put the key?

Ditch that lot and it will be 77K
Thanks for your input and opinion.

The above list was as I spec'd it in the showroom on the day without too much thought. If I were to go back and order, I'd probably refine a few selections, like delete the Comfort Access and the Voice Control and add Performance Control.

Lights package I selected cause I have it on my 135i and I really like it. So yeah. Really.

The parking sensors are handy regardless of the size of the car and the rear camera is only a small expense in the scheme of things if you're already paying for the F+R sensors and pro nav screen.

I'm thinking of going for a black x1 so the shadowline will help with the blackout look, and again, I'm used to it on the 135i, though I agree, it's a lot of coin for aesthetics only. I may yet drop that but it'll come down to the deal I can do. I prefer the shadowline but I'm not made of money either.

I'd be pretty happy with that lot on the road for no more than $80K.