View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
Vidgamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 e84

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Unit View Post
Awesome. I just ordered one. Were you able to do a clean install or do you have all the wires hanging loose?
WELL, I hope you like it, else now I'm going to feel bad! I think as long as you have the frame of mind that it's designed to be a portable, inexpensive DSP, it's a unique product. I've tried another kind of sound modifier in the past, and this one sounds less artificial and easily works in the car environment.

When you run the setup, do it multiple times until you get the result you like. Sometimes moving it slightly left or right (during setup tones) makes a big difference in the imaging. Once configured, be sure to turn on the "sub" option to allow sub frequencies through. This is explained in the manual, but that's my short summary of what to look out for.

Oh, and you'll need a female-to-female 1/8" jack adapter (or a male-to-female cord), if you're working with the BMW iPhone/iPod adapter.

Quote:
EDIT - Come to think about it, can't you just shove the MS2 and all the wires in the arm rest?
That's exactly what I did. I used the power plug in the armrest, bundled up excess cable, and put the gadget on top. Two cords still need to run from the armrest to the front AUX port/adapter cable. I don't think there's any way to get away from all of the cables; you could plug it in the front and stuff everything in the pocket, but that looks messier, I think... plus I'm already using the front port to power a GPS (although I don't generally need the dedicated GPS, as here again, I could use the phone, but still...).

For me, the soundstage is raised and better imaging creates a good center image. However, the treble seems to be boosted, and it seems a bit "thin". I'm going to play with it more and see if I can hit a better setup.

But if you don't mind the loss of your armrest pocket , it's easy to setup and use.
Appreciate 0