View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #13
MSportX1
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlbuckeye View Post
I can't find a local X1 to drive to test the Servotronic and I'm frustrated! In fact, the only one's at my local dealership are only SDrive models so I can't even drive the hydraulic setup at all.

What and why did you buy one or the other?
Do not listen too much to the xDrive35i owners' opinions, because they might like the hydraulic steering without servotronic, but have no choice. xDrive28i owners' opinions, especially those test-drove and compared both (with/without servotronic) are more unbiased. I am a owner of xDrive28i without servotronic, but I did not test one with servotronic (I test-drove a sDrive28i and did not like the light steering wheel). It is true that you may feel the steering wheel a little bit heavy on parking lot. But, after owning the car for four months, I am used to it on parking lot. I personally like the hydraulic steering and think that it is X1's best feature. On the highway speed, the heavy steering gives you a feel that the car is very stable and you can control it easily even at very high speed (say above 100 mph), like driving a Porsche?
Appreciate 0